Monday, May 30, 2011

The Mud Pies are Painted!

The mud pies came out of the kiln just in time for the Elementary Fine Arts Gala. I only displayed the 2nd grade trivets, not the 1st grade texture coasters or the kindergarten necklaces. Unless you count my teacher-sample, coral-red necklace that I wore with my turquoise dress, yellow polka dot sweater, and eggplant purple ruffly shoes. On this one day of the year, I said "bring on the color" and I left all my black and white at home!

In general, I am very pleased with the trivets. The glazes did not run very much, if at all. I only had matte transparent to coat the pieces, though I think I would have preferred glossy. The clear is a little cloudy in some spots.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP